Lightspeed LA: Senior sound Designer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate, creative and technical Senior Sound Designer to join our in-house sound team and help create world-class audio content on a new and exciting open-world AAA game.
- Design and implement immersive, next-gen audio content and systems to engage players and enrich game narrative.
- Design, edit, mix and master audio assets.
- Implement and author interactive, real-time sound using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life.
- Author and integrate audio assets through middleware and in-engine.
- Create and edit new sound effects using various recording techniques, professional audio editing tools, plug-ins, hardware and props.
- Work closely with Audio engineers to design systems and methodologies with the goal to raise the bar in game audio.
- Collaborate with the Audio Director and Audio Lead to execute and deliver on audio features and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
- Engage in the planning and execution of recording sessions in the field, studio and mocap stage, recording real-world sounds and foley.
- Sound design and mix cinematic audio content to blend seamlessly with gameplay audio.
- Understand emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to design narrative-driven audio.
- Excellent sound design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail.
- 3+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
- A minimum of one AAA title shipped.
- A desire to push game audio further with new ideas and methodologies.
- A grasp of logic and scripting methods for interactive audio implementation within a game engine.
- Imaginative and creative use of audio production tools, foley performance and capture, props,
and recording techniques to create high-quality original content.
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques.
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools.
- Ability to create world-class audio content spread across multiple styles and genres.
- WWISE middleware proficiency.
- Field and studio recording experience.
- Proficiency in Nuendo, Pro-Tools or Reaper
- Experience/familiarity with industry standard plugins (Fab Filter, Altiverb, Waves, Izotope, etc)
Desirable skills and Experience
- Experience designing sounds and sound systems for weapons, vehicles, physics, and weather.
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs.