Team Kaiju is seeking an experienced audio professional to join our audio team.
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
The Senior/Principal Technical Sound Designer is responsible for coordinating and completing tasks related to technical audio implementation, scripting and audio pipeline utilizing the Unreal Engine to improve the overall quality level of audio in our games. This role works closely with the Audio Director, Lead Sound Designer and other interdisciplinary pods to develop audio systems that improve the overall audio of our games.
- Ability to perform advanced scripting using Unreal Engine scripting tools to create Blueprints for audio systems is a must
- Advanced mastery of WWISE
- Assess and build tools needed to implement and debug audio
- Utilizes technical skills to make sure sound effects, music and VO meet technical requirements of game
- Investigates technical audio bugs and uses technical skills to resolve them
- Works with the development team to identify and develop strategies for implementing sound effects that yield highest quality results in the game
- Adopt and improve the existing audio development process
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices
- Defining and managing loudness standards
- Assist with technical elements of final mix
- Communicates ideas clearly with other departments
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or related experience in technical sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or computer game product development experience.
- Experience with Unreal Engine Audio
- Proficient with your DAW of preference
- Experience with mixing with Unreal Audio
- Knowledgeable with PC based operating systems
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats
- Thoroughly understands the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time-based effects as well as audio synthesis
- Basic understanding of audio physics principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment
If this ounds like your jam, we look forward to reviewing your reel and your resume submissions. Thanks!
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.