Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are growing our International office in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions.
We are currently looking for top talent to join the organisation in a variety of global and regional roles, with a specific focus on PC and console video games. Our PC & console gaming business is growing quickly both through our own in-house development teams and product pipeline as well as through our expanding number of partner studios whose collective goal is to bring high-quality, immersive entertainment experiences to audiences worldwide. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
You will play an integral role in designing and implementing global PR strategies and programmes in gaming, lifestyle, technology and broadcast media to drive / sustain interest and awareness in Tencent titles. A core aspect of the role is to lead the EMEA Influencer Marketing strategy and all Key Opinion Leader (KOL) programming initiatives for Tencent titles. You will oversee the EMEA regional PR and Influencer Marketing agencies to ensure a balanced focus on day-to-day activation as well as on developing original, innovative campaign ideas appropriate to each title. Essential to this role will be the establishment of clear campaign KPIs with supporting rationale / benchmarks and ensuring PR and Influencer campaign progress is reported in a consistant and timely manner. A flexible approach will often be required to support both PR and Influencer Marketing strategies / programme design with partner studios as well as full campaign planning and execution for internally developed titles.
- Formulate and implement winning global comms strategies for Tencent's titles, creating brand relevant stories that generate awareness & excitement amongst consumers.
- Collaborate with partner studio organisations to shape comms strategy and develop actionable programmes.
- Support development of global PR & Influencer Marketing strategies and key consumer programmes, working together with the US Head of Comms and external agency partners.
- Collaborate with regional PR agencies to design and implement original feature led angles / ideas throughout technology and lifestyle press.
- Collaborate with external partner brands to create and implement globally engaging programmes aligned to strategic comms priorities on each title.
- Lead major ambassador programmes throughout EMEA.
- Work with agency partners to ensure effective campaign performance KPIs are calibrated and reported against throughout entire campaign lifecycle.
- Allocate, track and report global PR & Influencer Marketing budgets across markets, agencies and other initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate campaign performance and ROI using a combination of reporting tools.
- Identify best practice for comms within the video game industry (and broader digital entertainment sectors) and share across partner teams to help drive organisational learning and development.
- Travel (as necessary) to international locations as a representative of Tencent Games.
Global Marketing Director, PC & Console games.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree or above.
- 10 years experience in consumer PR, of which a significant number must have been spent in a regional or global role.
- Experience in video game marketing is essential, ideally with an understanding of F2P and GAAS models.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualise broadly across various solutions, yet enjoy operating at a hands-on level.
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership, urgency and a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Passion for communications, creativity and innovation.
- Versatile project manager able to drill down into detail and clearly think through project timelines & interdependencies.
- Outstanding written and oral skills, to build productive relationships.
- Proactive and approachable personality that thrives in a dynamic team environment.
- Ambitious and tenacious in nature, able to work autonomously when required and maintain a great sense of humor.
- Personal passion for PC and console games.
- Valid passport and ability to travel as required.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- MBA or equivalent.
- Experience designing and leading global comms campaigns.
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus.
Location of Role
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (NL).
- Relocation package.
- Assistance with Visa and 30% ruling applications
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organizational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.