Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are growing our International office in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions.
We are currently looking for top talent to join the organisation in a variety of global and regional roles, with a specific focus on PC and console video games. Our PC & console gaming business is growing quickly both through our own in-house development teams and product pipeline as well as through our expanding number of partner studios whose collective goal is to bring high-quality, immersive entertainment experiences to audiences worldwide. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
You will play an integral role in designing and implementing consumer facing marketing programmes into the global marketplace for a range of internally and partner developed titles. The role requires use of a broad set of skills and experience to bring games to market with a focus on originality and impact as well as programme measurement and efficiency. You will apply market and consumer understanding to gaming propositions in development and create global programmes that resonate with consumers. Working with an internal team and multiple agencies across a wide range of marketing disciplines including brand strategy, creative development, consumer research, partnership marketing, forecasting, results / reporting, the day-to-day work will be both challenging and diverse. We fully realise that the opportunity to originate and execute truly global campaigns in a fast growing organisation is somewhat rare. Vision, flexibility and tenacity are all fundamental attributes required to be successful in this role.
- Support the design of global marketing strategy and key consumer programmes for Tencent PC & console titles.
- Collaborate with partner studio organisations around the world to shape / deliver consumer facing strategies, programmes & solutions.
- Lead a variety of marketing related workstreams and projects to successfully bring our games to a global audience.
- Work with agency partners in areas including strategy, creative development, data & insights, events and social media marketing to define & implement global programmes with clear campaign KPIs.
- Work with Steam, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and other strategic partners to develop and implement global marketing programmes.
- Stay current on developments and latest trends in the gaming marketplace, including the competition.
- Allocate, track and report global marketing budgets pre and post launch.
- Monitor and evaluate campaign performance against agreed KPIs.
- Support the product forecasting process using market knowledge combined with benchmark data and insights.
- Identify best practice within the video game industry (and broader digital entertainment sectors) and share across partner teams to help drive organisational learning and development.
- Be an ambassador for the brand both internally and with external partners.
- Travel (as necessary) to international locations as a representative of Tencent Games.
Global Marketing Director, PC & Console games.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Experience in video game marketing is essential, ideally with an understanding of F2P and GAAS models.
- Minimum 5 years experience in consumer marketing, at least two of which must have been spent operating with a regional scope (e.g. EMEA, APAC or the US).
- A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualise broadly across various solutions, yet enjoy operating at a hands-on level.
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership, urgency and a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Passion for marketing, creativity and innovation.
- Versatile project manager able to drill down into detail and clearly think through project timelines & interdependencies.
- Outstanding written and oral skills, to build productive relationships.
- Proactive and approachable personality that thrives in a dynamic team environment.
- Conscientious operator who delivers on his / her commitments.
- Ambitious and tenacious in nature, able to work autonomously when required and maintain a great sense of humor.
- Personal passion for PC and console games.
- Valid passport and ability to travel as required.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- MBA or equivalent.
- Experience designing and supporting global marketing campaigns.
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus.
Location of Role
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (NL).
- Relocation package.
- Assistance with Visa and 30% ruling applications
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organizational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.