Lightspeed LA: Audio Lead
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate, creative and technical Audio Lead to join
our in-house sound team and help create world-class audio content on a new and exciting open-world
● Design and implement immersive, next-gen audio content and systems to engage players and
enrich game narrative.
● Design, edit, mix and master audio assets.
● Implement and author interactive, real-time sound using middleware and scripting tools to bring
soundscapes to life.
● Author and integrate audio assets through middleware and in-engine.
● Manage a team of sound designers, providing guidance and feedback on audio standards,
quality, consistency, and implementation.
● Create and edit new sound effects using various recording techniques, professional audio editing
tools, plug-ins, hardware and props.
● Work closely with Audio engineers to design systems and methodologies with the goal to raise
the bar in game audio.
● Collaborate with the Audio Director to execute and deliver on audio features and ensure defined
aesthetic is met throughout production.
● Engage in the planning and execution of recording sessions in the field, studio and mocap stage,
recording real-world sounds and foley.
● Sound design and mix cinematic audio content to blend seamlessly with gameplay audio.
● Direct recording sessions with actors as needed.
● Understand emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to design narrative-driven audio.
● Excellent sound design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail.
● 5+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
● 3+ years’ experience leading a team.
● A desire to push game audio further with new ideas and methodologies.
● A grasp of logic and scripting methods for interactive audio implementation within a game engine.
● Imaginative and creative use of audio production tools, foley performance and capture, props,
and recording techniques to create high-quality original content.
● Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques.
● Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools.
● Ability to create world-class audio content spread across multiple styles and genres.
● WWISE middleware proficiency.
● Field and studio recording experience.
● Proficiency in Nuendo, Pro-Tools or Reaper
● Experience/familiarity with industry standard plugins (Fab Filter, Altiverb, Waves, Izotope, etc)
Desirable skills and Experience
● Experience designing sounds and sound systems for weapons, vehicles, physics, and weather.
● Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
● Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and