Our team is working on a new generation of database and data platform technology. It is designed for resilience, easy to use, open for extension and with extreme performance and scalability. We may involve any aspects of the database kernel and this position focus on database optimizer related technologies. At the same time, we partner with Tencent's storage, algorithms, cloud teams and AI Labs to jointly create new database technologies. As a senior/principal optimizer engineer, you shall be excited about the project, work comfortably in a collaborative environment, eager to learn, and be the owner of design and code for the query optimizer.
What you will be doing
- It is a half research and half development work. Research to open all possibilities and development to make the ideas tangible. It is a unique opportunity to work on the latest technology of the database optimizer.
- Prototype your ideas. By designing and coding an elegant experiment based on our prototype system, comparing with existing system, and verify the proposal is feasible and efficient.
- Own designs, code, and test. You are expected to write designs, code, and test your owned components. Code review is also part of the work. We are running CI/CD to help quality.
- Work with local and/or geo-distributed teams. You may provide domain knowledge and insights for junior members in local and/or remote teams. You may also drive cross-team collaborations with other teams in Tencent.
We’d like you to have
- Highly interested in database kernel optimizer research and coding
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related technical field
- 5+ years in database optimizer or related component development
- Coding with one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, or Java
- Hands on experience in any database or data analytics system
- Hands on experience in database parser and optimizer technologies, including query parser, binding, normalization, rewrite, rule/cost-based optimization, adaptive query optimization
- Experience in one or more of the following: database, data analytics, algorithms, and applied machine learning
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to help ensure our employees are happy, healthy and able to focus on what they do best.
- We pay 100% health insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) Matching
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Paid short and long-term disability coverage
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid sick leave, time off, holidays
- Team building
- Free Snacks & Beverages