As a Legal Counsel at Tencent’s International Business Legal Center you will be a key member of a growing team of in-house attorneys advising Tencent’s international business, product, marketing, compliance, and operations teams. You will have a ground level opportunity to support one of the largest companies in Asia and the world, with a focus on cloud transactions and other areas of technology and compliance work.
- Advise and support Tencent Cloud’s legal and compliance matters by providing compliance assessment with respect to the launch of cloud products and services in Europe, drafting and reviewing IP licensing, service, development, and other general commercial agreements, advising European clients on obtaining of cloud services in the PRC, and advising existing Tencent Cloud clients on obtaining cloud service in Europe.
- Ensure compliance with European and other international laws and regulations, with a focus on Tencent Cloud’s business.
- Support various Tencent business groups’ business in Europe, covering industries such as games, media and entertainment, and social networking.
- Cooperate with a global team of Tencent attorneys.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Bachelor of Law or equivalent
- Strong transactional and technology licensing experience
- 5+ years’ work experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Admitted to relevant bar
- English fluency
Technical background (Computer Science or EE).
Additional language fluency.
Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. Tencent is among the top ten publicly traded companies by market value. Tencent is the largest gaming company in the world, partnering with developers such as Riot Games, Epic Games, Supercell, and Activision. Tencent is currently the 8th most valuable company in BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2017 ranking, making it the only non-American brand in the top 10. Tencent’s diversified services include WeChat / QQ, Tencent Cloud, Tencent Games, and Tencent Pictures.
About Tencent Legal
Tencent’s in-house legal department is on the forefront of the intersection between law and technology and has helped shape internet law. Tencent Legal has been awarded the Most Innovative Asia-Pacific In-House Legal Team by the Financial Times and In-House Team of the Year by China Law & Practice. Many of its lawyers have worked and studied in the US and abroad.