Lightspeed LA is seeking a talented, Senior Gameplay Animator with a passion for pushing interactive performances to the next level. In this role, you will be collaborating with industry veterans to craft the highest quality animations in our AAA storytelling medium. The ideal candidate is a skilled animator, who has the creative and technical experience to craft move-sets and interactive animations that look and feel good in-game.
- Collaborate with game designers and programmers to craft high-quality performances that both look and feel amazing.
- Take ownership of your animations. You are responsible for previz, mocap planning, clean-up, key-framing, implementation, playtesting, and iterate until it looks & feels terrific!
- Proactively communicate with programmers, designers, artists, and writers to align your animations with mission objectives, gameplay intentions, art direction, and story.
- Willingness to explore ideas, change animations, and give/receive constructive feedback.
- Be helpful to your team and contribute to maintaining a supportive and creative work environment.
- 7+ years of video game animation development experience.
- Have experience editing and animating with motion capture data in Maya.
- Have strong understanding of realistic body mechanics and performances.
- Have good sense for weight, timing, and style for your animations.
- Good work ethic and a willingness to push the game animation quality bar.
- Have good understanding of cinematography and camera animation.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can learn new tools and techniques for animation implementation.
- Self-starter and innovative problem solver.
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Expert knowledge of facial animation and lip-sync.
- Experience with Scripting
- Expert knowledge of weapon animations
- Expert knowledge of melee combat
- Experience with animal/creature animations
- Experience with motion-matching / pose-matching techniques.
To prioritize health and safety during the pandemic, we are working remotely until further notice, and will be conducting interviews virtually. The position is still expected to be 100% onsite in Irvine, California as soon as it is appropriate.