Tencent is seeking a talented Data and Strategy Manager to work closely with our passionate Esports team. She/he will monitor and process our various global channels around broadcast as well as Social and develop tailored and successful strategies based on the collected data. Providing top tier quality reports plus insights on development, trends, and sentiment to support business decisions is key for this position. The ideal candidate is driven and highly organized, has in-depth experience with esports, as well as data & metric management.
- Collect, process and aggregate viewership, player and social channels data
- Provide and maintain quality assurance of data and data sources
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Establish the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Generate regular reports and in-depth analysis for internal and external use
- Create and maintain user-friendly data dashboards and other tracking tools for internal and external use
- Develop and pitch strategic approaches based on the data to support and drive decisions for the success of our business
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with data analysis for broadcast and social platforms
- 3+ years’ experience working in esports, sports or broadcasting
- Experience with channel management and related tools, reporting & analytics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to translate data insights and reports into non-technical, lay terms
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale data
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiar with project management and process improvement
- Impeccable organizational, problem-solving, and time-management abilities
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential data
- Native/Very fluent in Chinese
- Native/Very fluent in additional languages
- Skillful PUBG MOBILE player
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration, and Creativity.
We are growing our office in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent EU offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and has since grown into a leading global platform for game development, publishing and operations. We are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games, including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends, to hundreds of millions of players across over 200 countries and regions.
We are committed to exploring the full potential of games, leveraging the rich IP resources within Tencent that span across literature, anime, film, and television. In addition, we actively collaborate with game developers and publishers to create high-quality interactive entertainment experiences.
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world
- A safe and supportive organizational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft
- Basic benefits including paid annual leaves and long-service holiday award, flexible work arrangements, competitive commercial insurance and pension plan
- Featured benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day, and other cultural events and festival gifts
Tencent EU is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.