Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration, and Creativity.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and has since grown into a leading global platform for game development, publishing and operations. We are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games, including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends, to hundreds of millions of players across over 200 countries and regions.
We are committed to exploring the full potential of games, leveraging the rich IP resources within Tencent that span across literature, anime, film, and television. In addition, we actively collaborate with game developers and publishers to create high-quality interactive entertainment experiences.
This high-profile role reports directly into the head of technology of the Tencent global game business and will lead a team of technical experts in R&D to push the creative envelope of technology in gaming.
Your groundbreaking technical solutions and proven development methods will set the new standard for technical work across all Tencent partner studios. As the Head of R&D, you will possess expert knowledge in software development and hire, manage and mentor other technical experts across a variety of specializations (rendering, engine development, animation systems, AI and more)
· Research, design and drive cutting-edge technical innovations within the team.
· Define the technological strategy with the development team: pipeline, tools, and key development procedures.
· Act as technical point of contact across different projects with in-house studios and external studios partners/investments.
· Lead the industry’s best practices and be on the alert for the latest technologies.
· Evaluate both internal and external technology solutions to make informed recommendations for adoption, revision, and maintenance of required technology.
· Creation of best practices and adoption across projects, contribution to process and studios management plan.
· Hire, manage and mentor technical experts across various specialties.
· 10+ years’ technology experience in gaming industry, working on and shipping AAA titles in a technical leadership role.
· Able to articulate a strong vision of technology as a means to customer value.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills; able to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels.
· Exceptional management and communication skills.
· Passion for technology.
· MS in Computer Science or PhD preferred.
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world
- A safe and supportive organizational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft
- Basic benefits including paid annual leaves and long-service holiday award, flexible work arrangements, competitive commercial insurance and pension plan
- Featured benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day, and other cultural events and festival gifts
Tencent EU is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.