Tencent Media Lab is a leading actor in gaming and immersive video entertainment. For these innovative topics, the automatic evaluation of the quality of visual contents is a major challenge to enable further improvement of the quality of experience. Tencent is actively contributing to standardization activities through ISO-IEC MPEG Advisory Group on Visual Quality Assessment, and through the ITU-T Study Group 12 on Performance, Quality of Service and Quality of Experience. The goal of this internship is to take part to this challenge and support the research team in the evaluation of current objective quality metrics, and the design of new innovative ones, for services such as cloud-gaming and immersive video.
- Study state-of-the-art objective video quality metrics dedicated to immersive video and cloud-gaming.
- Evaluate some metrics under practical real-life test conditions.
- Conduct research to improve state-of-the-art objective video quality metrics, based on traditional signal processing approaches and/or neural network approaches.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree, Engineering School (3rd year) or Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field.
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Knowledge in image processing, image and video coding, image quality evaluation.
- Knowledge in machine learning, data science.
- Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivated, good communication skills, and passionate about cutting-edge technologies.
- Great learning opportunities with a world-class research team.
- Competitive compensation for working on innovative technologies.
- Start date around September 2021, 6 months internship.
- Located in Paris or WFH depending on global health context.