• Advise on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing.
• Draft and negotiate complex licensing, distribution, professional services, content development, and other commercial agreements.
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other laws and regulations.
• Collaborate with external counsel and other Tencent attorneys based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, EU, and the US.
• Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
• You have three or more years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients.
• You have strong academic credentials and are a member of a relevant Bar or other recognized legal association.
• You are passionate about IP, content, and have broad experience with IP and corporate transactions work.
• You enjoy supporting clients from project conception through live operations, in a dynamic environment.
• You have excellent communication skills and can establish strong working relationships with business leads.
• You can work independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact through negotiation and execution.
• You speak English (mandarin Chinese a plus).
• You like video games.