Team Kaiju seeks a talented Lighting Art Director who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for a leader who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. The team is passionate about players and listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you a Lighting Art Director who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them engaged and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us on our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Set the benchmark for lighting in a new style and world
- Be a key driver in recruiting and building a world class lighting art team
- Work closely with technical leadership to define benchmark assets within the constraints of the project
- Work with the art team to balance lighting and shaders across multiple asset types while creating a streamlined pipeline for consistently high quality results
- Guide, mentor and manage a team of lighting artists
- Be able to think about your art in the service of the world of a new IP to create assets that will enrich the experience
- Take an active role in the evolution of the game, working with all disciplines to understand the vision and design for the game and using that experience to inform concept work
- Experience leading and managing a team on a AAA project
- A portfolio of visionary and inspiring work you can show and talk about your ideas to the team
- Solid understanding of different game and lighting engines
- Ability and experience building lighting systems with engineering teams
- Take critical feedback and iterate on your work based on the needs of the experience
- Strong traditional art skills
- Proficiency in Maya, Photoshop or similar software
- Experience creating style guides a plus
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.