Senior Program Manager
• You will work closely with senior leads for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. You will be responsible for supervising and maintaining organized plans and tools to ensure a forward flow of information across the team and many stakeholders both internal and external.
• You are expected to partner with the worldwide Tencent Engineering and Product organization to run, drive forward all sorts of technical projects. The program manager will require exceptional organizational skills, clear and precise communication to be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• This is a unique opportunity for one to excel the skills of project management in a complex multi-culture environment as well as a milestone project for the gaming industry.
• Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide cross functional teams and business parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
• Plan and direct our coming games’ major programs, systems development efforts, and technology initiatives from project management perspective.
• Formulate, guide, and direct the technical approach. Define and negotiate with activity and agency personnel for necessary resources. Establish and control technical milestones, schedules, budgets and costs for all programs, subprograms and tasks. Being responsible for the project timeline, task assignments, and handling schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
• Applying knowledge for improvement of existing program management processes in a data driven approach.
• Manage all development aspects of project(s) to deliver new products.
• Manage complex schedules that involve both internal and external engineering teams. Multi-task and prioritize activities for quick execution of critical path work items.
• Ensure product development activities align with technical specifications and that teams rely on data to create the best research and development concepts and products.
• Build consensus among cross-functional teams; advocate for critical partnerships across the organization; gain key stakeholders' support and organizational resources.
• 6+ years experience as a Program/Project Manager.
• Experience in the gaming, internet/mobile product or data driven organization is a must.
• Strong organizational, project management, and cross-functional coordination skills.
• Adaptation to change quickly and effectively, maintaining a professional attitude and achieve action items through completion.
• Experience utilizing Agile methodologies (Jira alike) and principles and mentoring the project organization to implement standard methodologies and thrive to continuous improvements.
• Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to correct routine or complicated problems effectively.
• Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and should be able to make good, timely decisions.
• Excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners.
• Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures)
• A team player with strong interpersonal, and customer service skills; balancing the demands of a creative team with the goals of operating a data backed business.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.