Tencent is looking for a Hardware Storage Researcher to join our Tencent Cloud Hardware team. The individual will work closely with cross-functional teams to define cloud storage roadmap and cover all related perspectives in cloud storage hardware such as architecture, system design, validation, and manufacturing. The individual is responsible for working with industry-leading suppliers and start-ups to bring cutting edge technologies into Tencent Cloud infrastructure, developing design specification and validation requirements, leading cross-functional teams to bring new products from concept to data center deployment at massive scale. At Tencent Cloud, the candidate will have opportunities to work with world-class teams on innovative products that improve millions of people’s lives and make the world a better place to live.
This is a full-time position located in our office at Palo Alto of California.
* Cover full life cycle of storage hardware products such as JBOD, JBOF, hard drives, SSDs, tape, and optical storage devices.
* Deliver reliable, energy-efficient and cost-effective storage products for a cloud environment
* Continuously monitor the technical trend of technology evolution. Exploit and implement path-finding solutions to optimize power, efficiency, performance, cost, and serviceability for all storage products.
* Work with internal and external cross-functional teams to define design specification and validation requirements
* Review schematics/board layout and validation/manufacturing test plan and results.
* Collaborate with vendors and suppliers, track and Identify technology breakthrough opportunities, benchmark and test new storage hardware
* Work with and guide ODM/OEM partners to develop/test storage hardware products that meet specifications
* Drive hardware/software collaboration among internal and external teams to improve storage efficiency in a cloud environment
* Master or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering related fields
* Research experiences in storage or memory systems
* Familiar with storage technologies such as SSD, hard drive, tape, and optical storage devices and related storage protocols.
* Knowledgeable in system design that optimizes storage system in disaggregated fashion from both hardware and software perspectives. Thoughtful in design from thermal and mechanical perspectives as well.
* Solid fundamentals in storage architecture and electric design
* Experienced in high-speed design, experience with power design, DFx and industry compliances is a plus
* Strong skills in system-level troubleshooting
* Knowledgeable in storage hardware testing methodologies with hands-on experiences
* Experienced in working with vendors, ODM/OEM partners
* Self-motivated, and passionate
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and Mandarin