We’re looking for an inspired Communications Intern to join us at Tencent America! As a member of the Global Communications team, you will help share Tencent’s story with audiences around the world. This six-month full-time internship program provides a unique window vantage point into the global Internet industry and hands-on experience to accelerate your career in communications.
Working from our US headquarters in Palo Alto, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with various business groups and marketing teams across the world, to help create and share Tencent’s story.
What You’ll Do
- Support Tencent’s global communications activities
- Listen, learn and share your findings on areas of interest to Tencent
- Assist with the creation and distribution of a wide range of communications materials, both online and offline
- Identify and engage key influencers and stakeholders
- Assist with organizing media events, tours and other activities
- Create and share ideas to improve how we communicate
College junior, senior, or graduate student pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, business, law, political science public policy, international relations, journalism or the liberal arts.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to think and communicate visually
- A high level of professional integrity and confidentiality
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think differently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly analyze and contextualize information
- Ability to speak Mandarin is helpful, but not required
Founded in November, 1998, Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Since its establishment, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. On June 16, 2004, Tencent Holdings Limited (SEHK 700) went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to
its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
About Tencent America
Tencent America is the US branch of Tencent, a leading provider of Internet services in China. Among the key areas are investments, gaming, artificial intelligence, cloud services, entertainment, and internet services. Some of our partner companies and brands are WeChat, QQ, Tencent Cloud, Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games. Our US headquarters is in Palo Alto and we have other offices in New York, Los Angeles and Seattle. Our growth strategy is focused on attracting the best people and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As a Chinese company which is pursuing new markets and growing rapidly in the US, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and open mindset. If you are eager to do groundbreaking work in a friendly, cross-cultural environment, we can provide unparalleled stability, resources, access to more than a billion users, and an international perspective. If you, like us, are
ambitious and self-driven, we invite you to explore Tencent America.
Come join us and explore the power of human connection!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Tencent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.