Are you passionate about using technology to improve the lives of patients?
Are you passionate about building a laboratory that changes the way infectious diseases are detected and treated over the coming decade?
With the advent of molecular testing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how molecular data is used in clinical settings.
Moreover, we are leveraging technology and data to fight against COVID-19 and to build a system to ensure that future pandemics can be detected and treated faster, more effectively and with better use of data. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us build this new paradigm in infectious disease treatment.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide daily oversight of a cutting-edge molecular workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times
- Monitor laboratory processes to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained, to include review of quality control, instrument and equipment maintenance, and other quality assurance activities
- Assure all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Perform quality review for samples within the sequencing workflow from extraction to sequencing.
- Maintain CLIA/ CAP/ NYSDOH compliance
- Schedule training and competency assessments for personnel
- Mentor team of clinical molecular technologists and extraction technologists
- Maintain safety within the laboratory and ensure all safety protocols are followed.
- Utilize automation and robotics to standardize the discovery pipeline from sample acquisition to sequencing output
- Schedule training and onboarding for new hires
- One of the following educational requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology with at least one year of training and/or experience in high complexity microbiology testing or
- Associate degree in a laboratory science or medical technology with at least two years of training and/or experience in high complexity microbiological testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks to others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with molecular infectious disease
- Experience supervising others
- Work in a CLIA/CAP high-complexity laboratory
- Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
- Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems