Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking highly qualified summer analysts to join our growing team. Our goal is to provide summer analysts with a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work at Tempus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement to help improve cancer research with data and artificial intelligence.
Summer analysts will work with members of the Tempus team to support a specific 10-week project that impacts the business and that department. Students will have the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Tempus.
At a summer at Tempus, you will:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duration and Timing
Tempus summer analysts will spend ten weeks working in our Chicago headquarters. The program will commence in May/June and run through mid-August.
What You’ll Do:
In a nutshell, your job is to help the Operations team project manage a series of top priority projects across Tempus. You’ll be involved in multiple projects at a time and need to understand what is most important and how to prioritize. You will develop the strong project management, organizational, and interpersonal skills required to help keep projects on track. This position will give you exposure to numerous different teams at Tempus, and the work here.
You are a general athlete who will work to triage issues, solve problems, communicate across the quality and regulatory organization, mediate discussions, set project agenda and facilitate accountability across the organization.
A successful candidate for this role will be:
- A strong and open personality: You are independent, strategic, humble, and comfortable create structure out of ambiguity. You are comfortable asking questions, working with various types of stakeholders, and living on a steep learning curve.
- A Learner: You are curious, open minded, and eager to learn new things
- You get energy from solving difficult problems, and are comfortable saying “i don’t know, but want to learn”
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems.