AKESOgen, Inc. is growing! Our company is seeking to hire a Sales Executive who will be responsible for maintaining and gaining new and existing clients. AKESOgen is a precision health and wellness genomics company striving to be the premiere genomics service provider for high throughput/high quality Precision medicine and consumer genetics.
Essential Job Duties: All duties are subject to change by managers during employment. The following is an outline and is not intended to be inclusive of all tasks that could be requested of employee.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Must have and maintain a high-level awareness of the latest scientific developments and new technologies within the rapidly growing fields of molecular diagnostics, epigenetics and the human microbiome as they relate to new business opportunities
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions and operations teams to ensure successful attainment of company goals and objectives and to sales growth
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics and able to maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving and time management skills.
- Attend internal meetings and facilitate execution of action items.
- Exceptional oral and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office application such as Word and Excel
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager
- Problem solving, decision making and technical learning
- Track and respond to proposals, sales, and opportunities
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle
- A key technical contributor and demonstrates the ability to quickly learn relevant genomic information
- Ensure customer retention by providing superior customer service
- Continuously provide education material to the client base
- Aid in planning and development of new/existing relationships
- Meets with researchers, lab managers, and other key decision makers.
- Generate weekly progress reports
- Effective and consistent use of CRM
- Frequent travel (>50%) as needed
Education and Experience:
- Advanced science degree or B.S in life science, biology, business or marketing
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a biological laboratory, or marketing and sales for a biotech company (preferably in a molecular genetics lab).
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing, array-based genotyping, nucleic acid extraction, and/or pathology.
- Has proven ability to close sales and generate revenue
- Experience with GLP and working within high-level quality management systems such as CLIA or CAP.
- Possess a very positive attitude and flexibility to handle growth driven change.
- Adherence to standard universal precautions
- Exposure to biological and chemical hazards