Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking a Vice President of Drug Discovery who, as a strategic partner to the Chief Strategic Officer and scientific management teams, will take on a key role in helping to further create and build value through scientific discovery. The VP will also be expected to contribute to the scientific leadership at Tempus and not be limited to functional expertise.
The VP of Drug Discovery will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing the experimental approaches to drug discovery both with respect to generating large discovery data sets as well as the overall approaches for due diligence for candidate drug targets. An experienced and thoughtful scientist with deep expertise in biochemistry and early phase drug development from screening to hit to preliminary hit to lead optimization is required. Additionally, a key requirement for this role is a team-oriented scientist who has a demonstrated track record of cross-disciplinary discovery and management of a team of scientists to achieve scientific objectives. In the role of VP of Drug Discovery, the CSO/Head of Tempus α is seeking a team builder with strong scientific and development acumen who can partner closely to build and scale Tempus α into a successful business unit.
- Oversee a team of 5 scientists and technicians while growing screening and validation capabilities
- Attract, retain, and inspire a strong scientific team focused on drug and target discovery and validation
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, high ethical standards and proven ability to work effectively with a CEO as a strategic partner.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a commitment to nurturing and developing people.
- Team builder who leads by example, employs expertise and influence to encourage
collaboration across departments, levels, and groups to achieve shared objectives.
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial company environment and
become rapidly conversant with the company’s technology platforms, therapeutic
products and markets and serve as company spokesperson as required.
- Doctoral degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related disciplines
- 10+ years of postdoctoral experience
- Industry experience in drug discovery
- An extensive track record of managing preclinical development with experience including
- target identification and validation
- High Throughput assay development
- functional genomic and drug screening
- hit validation
- assay development for lead compound generation
- An outstanding track record of scientific achievement
- Deep expertise in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Demonstrated experience working across scientific disciplines