Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings..
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics team lead with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research, genomics algorithm development, and systems validation and verification. This position requires experience with scientific programming, clinical regulatory requirements for software systems, algorithms development, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Design diagnostic software systems for Tempus medical devices
- Prepare and coordinate software system technical design and requirements analysis
- Collaborate with scientists and clinicians to design diagnostic tests in a regulated environment
- Lead an interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Develop algorithms used to gain insight into cancer variation through analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Communicate with outside scientific teams as well as product and bioinformatics leadership
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Ph.D. in quantitative scientific discipline.
- Significant experience in medical device development and regulatory submission
- 2-4 years relevant experience including at least 5 years experience in a supervisory or team lead role
- Computational skills using R, Bioconductor, and/or Python.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in regulated medical device development
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience leading a team of scientists or software engineers
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated programming ability
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development
- Strong background in the development of statistical models