Are you passionate about making a difference in the well-being of fellow humans?
Are you passionate about building great software products?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics scientist with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and genomics algorithm development. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithm development, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code within a clinical setting. Tempus Insights is our business to develop, validate and launch new predictive tests, in oncology and new disease areas, by leveraging our clinical + molecular + imaging data to provide novel insights to clinicians and patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, validate and implement predictive algorithms which leverage molecular, clinical and imaging data inputs to generate novel insights.
- Translate insight from model systems into predictors and classifiers of therapeutic response and prognosis in clinical cancer care.
- Collaborate with scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Develop and implement rigorous testing and validation infrastructure to support the use of predictive algorithms in clinical care.
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology or a related field
- Computational skills using Python and R.
- Understanding of CLIA/CAP validation protocols and how to bring scientific ideas to market
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated programming ability
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development
- Strong background in the development of statistical models
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.