Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for an HR Specialist who will support our People Operations team with a variety of HR tasks.
What You'll Do:
- Plans, directs and administers various human resource programs that build employee morale, productivity, retention, and policy compliance.
- Implements, conducts, facilitates, and/or analyzes results of employee morale and retention initiatives such as incentive programs, stay interviews, career development meetings, employee surveys, and exit interviews.
- Takes the lead in the research, development, drafting, and distribution of the employee handbook; conducts informational meetings, training sessions, and other communication forums to explain and discuss human resource policies.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Plans, develops, implements, and organizes events and volunteers to advance the mission and goals of the company.
- Organizes community outreach programs and coordinates special events for employee population
- Identify and recommend new opportunities where HR can add value to the business and organizational culture
- Maintain a knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
- Assess employee engagement on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ Human Resources experience, or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to handle highly confidential data with integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work with diverse, creative, professional people in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to simultaneously manage projects with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exhibits a customer service focused attitude and approach
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to navigate competing priorities