Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development (West Coast) to join our rapidly growing Pharma team. This role would focus on establishing and growing revenue streams from our pharma/biotech partners within the region.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the business: Identify national and regional pharmaceutical companies who can benefit from improved longitudinal analytics for patients, and associated opportunities to improve market access
- Understand customer needs: Negotiate, secure and manage pull-through of national and regional contracts with appropriate pharmaceutical company accounts
- Identify creative solutions: Develop contract structures and unique approaches to solving a customer’s known problems
- Manage multiple client stakeholders: Employ a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers, approvers and decision makers across the customer relationship and influence them to act quickly
- Manage the business: Determine expected returns on potential contracts, estimates of market potential and necessary investment to successfully engage leading pharmaceutical companies
- Market awareness: Stay on top of the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory environment, emerging policy developments and customer priorities to incorporate into strategic sales approach
- Influence leadership: Provide feedback to the leadership team regarding pharmaceutical customer response to partnership opportunities, with proactive solutions in-mind
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Entrepreneurial: You’ll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fun
- Action-oriented and organized: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Results-focused: Have deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders and have shown a proven ability to navigate multi-faceted customer organizations with repeated success
- A leader: Can set an agenda that is aggressive, but realizable, and wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life. Gets energy from solving difficult problems
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
- Minimum of 5 years of related pharmaceutical experience in the healthcare industry