With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. The new and rapidly growing supply chain team at Tempus is passionate about supporting this effort and is searching for a new buyer to assist procure the necessary supplies for a growing facility and operation.
What you’ll do:
- Manage purchasing for subset of Tempus laboratories’ supply, service and fixed asset requirements including sourcing, quotation and purchasing.
- Process purchase orders within ERP system (NetSuite) and follow up with vendors and internal customers as necessary until goods are delivered.
- Resolve supplier issues if deliveries are defective or incorrect.
- Establish trust and build effective business relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders for short and long term partnership.
- Assist in sourcing RFQ efforts among multiple suppliers and negotiate optimal cost.
- Coordinate rush orders with suppliers as needed.
- Develop and maintain list of alternate item recommendations for plastic consumables.
- Aid supply chain planning function in creating, presenting and providing qualitative feedback on vendor report cards.
- Understand cost drivers in the biotechnology space and help drive cost control efforts.
- Assist in periodic running, creation and improvement of supply chain ERP reports related to purchase orders, purchase history, etc.
- Maintain any necessary pricing information in NetSuite, ensuring quotes for inventory items are up to date.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in the purchasing department and help develop best practice process documentation.
- Provide backup on inventory control efforts if needed.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and vendor business reviews as needed.
- Lead vendor setup and onboarding process as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, operations or business
- 2-3 years experience working within a supply chain purchasing or related department
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite
- Experience working directly with vendor sales and/or customer service to resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and coordinate information from several departments
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to perform other supply chain related functions as necessary
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal skills for vendors and customers
- Experience working in an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuiteP
- APICS certification(s) such as CPIM or CSCP