Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, We empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology. We're looking for IT professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
As a System Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and private cancer care for our clients and their patients.
What You'll Do:
- Work as a key member of the Tempus Local Infrastructure team to design, maintain, and administer on-prem server architecture
- Utilize configuration management tooling to manage systems, including Windows and Linux servers
- Automate periodic system audits and complete remediation tasks post-audit
- Evaluate the impact of new technologies on Tempus infrastructure
- Maintain monitoring and alerting systems for local infrastructure
- Engage with vendors to assist in troubleshooting or implementation of solutions
- Write and maintain documentation and SOP’s
- Provide mentorship and escalation path for IT Support team
- Manage Active Directory environment
- 2+ experience as a system administrator or engineer
- Experience with Linux OS, preference for Ubuntu
- Experience with Windows Server
- Experience with Virtualization, preference for VMWare
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience following change processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to stay organized in a rapidly changing environment