With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory team that is passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. Scientists will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to support next-generation sequencing workflow with rapid turnaround times
- Utilize state-of-the-art automation and robotics to extract nucleic acids
- Track sample progress through the next generation sequencing workflow
- Perform basic molecular biology protocols
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance
- Work the Sunday - Wednesday daytime shift
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science
- Experience with DNA/RNA extractions or other molecular biology techniques highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer