We now have more healthcare data than ever before, but providers often do not have the systems or expertise to make sense of all of this valuable data. At Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize and enhance cancer treatment. We are on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how data is used to improve patient outcomes. The Clinical Informatics team is seeking a highly-motivated data analyst who enjoys working with complex datasets and building tools for data pipelines.
What you’ll do:
As part of the informatics team, you’ll play a key role in helping us aggregate data from many different sources to build the largest library of oncology clinical data in the world. You’ll work with clinical data experts, engineers, data scientists, and informatics analysts to ensure the quality of our data for analysis downstream.
- Lead efforts to build an extensive toolkit for scaling the aggregation and normalization of disjoint data
- Automate quality assurance to ensure that data adheres to a common set of standards
- Identify and socialize improvements to data processing infrastructure and workflow
- Analyze the quality of our data and insights that can be generated from it
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, or Information Systems (Master’s Preferred)
- 2+ years of Python, SQL, and Github experience
- Experience working with disorganized data from various sources
- Extremely high attention to detail and fast learner
- Familiarity with Oncology and Cancer Genomics
- Knowledge of Health Informatics
- Experience with Standard Medical Terminologies (SNOMED-CT, ICD-9/10, LOINC, etc.)
- Experience with NLP techniques