With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data.
- Equipment Laboratory Quality Control Technologist Responsibilities (>70% of time):
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
- Document all results and findings in order to satisfy CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH requirements.
- Report significant equipment findings/deviations and system deficiencies to lab management, as appropriate.
- Help create and implement new equipment functionality for use by Tempus R&D and clinical lab staff.
- Update SOPs and equipment records within document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Create and review equipment protocols and qualification summaries.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to prioritize QC tasks.
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Complete Performance Qualifications (PQs), Preventive Maintenance (PM), and routine maintenance for all clinically approved molecular laboratory equipment.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Prefer 1 year previous experience in molecular lab or with laboratory liquid handlers.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Previous experience in a clinical lab regulated by CAP/ CLIA/ NYS highly desirable.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Examples of equipment: HiSeq 4000, NovaSeq, liquid handlers, thermocyclers, thermomixers, temperature monitoring