Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer care? Interested in being on the cutting edge of digital medical imaging?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, We empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
As a Product Lead for Imaging at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge, modern technology into the hands of clinicians. The software we’re developing is the culmination of input from scientists, clinicians, pathologists, radiologists, engineers, machine learning experts, and some of the top academic oncology centers in the world. We’re expanding the team of product leaders who bring those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in cancer care.
What You'll Do:
- Identify strategic business opportunities in the medical imaging space that are aligned with Tempus’s mission and competitive advantages, and translate those into a product portfolio
- Advise on research objectives for our imaging R&D team that ultimately drive our imaging product strategy.
- Partner with our SVP of Data Science, other Directors of Product and imaging scientists to solve tough problems and find the best way to execute strategic company goals.
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to deliver product releases that are stable in production and satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- Conduct deep product analysis and use the data to guide the short- and long-term roadmap for the team
- Own stakeholder communication and management across the org around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products
- Serve as the direct line of communication with users of your products to maintain a constantly evolving backlog of future enhancements
- 8-10 years of technical experience building software in the tech or biotech industry.
- Extensive experience driving strategic product and engineering initiatives in the digital medical imaging space.
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive decisions
- Experience bringing a medical imaging product through FDA approval and into the market is a huge plus
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics and oncology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.
- M.D. or a PhD in a relevant discipline (biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer vision, physics, etc) is a big plus.