Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of precision medicine and genomic sequencing, more and more healthcare entities require services like those offered at Tempus; NGS sequencing, clinical record structuring, molecular record structuring, software analytics and guidance, and therapeutic outcomes analysis.
One area of market expansion is within national and regional private payers. Tempus is seeking candidates with strong backgrounds in both national and regional commercial insurance clients. This unique individual will have relevant experience building new business within these entities, preferably at a VP or C level. Tempus has built initial relationships and collaborations with many of these payers, and now seeks to accelerate opportunities for the organization in this specific area.
- Drive new business:
- Build and maintain national and regional relationships within relevant private insurance companies related to commercial collaboration on Tempus assets; NGS, IHC, Data analysis, clinical structuring, etc. supporting development of precision medicine lab coverage and data analysis
- Produce new revenue opportunities from agreements between Tempus and private insurance companies. Expand with new data projects and targeted in-network coverage.
- Provide weekly summaries on project progression, time to close, new business and other relevant data to advance development within relevant payer targets.
- Manage the portfolio:
- Oversee a portfolio of insurance partnerships and clients including generating and coordinating all contracting opportunities within relevant targets; in-network contracting, policy review, Tempus service proposals, commercial documentation, cross-functional project management, and execution.
- Market awareness:
- Stay on top of industry trends, regulatory environment, emerging policy development and customer priorities to incorporate into strategic approach to business development
- Identify creative solutions:
- Negotiate, secure and coordinate with the leadership team (internally and with clients) pull-through of national and regional relationships
- Manage multiple stakeholders:
- Employ a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers, approvers and decision makers across the customer
- Coordinate with Tempus leadership team on approval for collaboration opportunities and in network coverage including; SVP - Commercial Markets, CCO, COO, CFO, CEO.
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Entrepreneurial: You’ll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fun
- Action-oriented and organized: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Results-focused: Have deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders and have shown a proven ability to navigate multi-faceted customer organizations with repeated success
- A leader: Can set an agenda that is aggressive, but realizable, and wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life. Gets energy from solving difficult problems
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems
- MS, MBA or MPH required
- 15+ years of commercial healthcare experience, including private payer, PBM, specialty pharmacy and GPO within US healthcare system.
- 7+ years of experience collaborating and contracting with national and regional private insurers required; building additional partnerships with PBM, specialty pharmacy or GPO preferred;
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Superior analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; financial assessment, HECON modeling and research related experience preferred
Note to Employment Agencies:
Tempus values our relationships with our recruitment partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Tempus is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Tempus who is not a member of the Senior Leadership team.