assionate about making a difference in the world of genetics and genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Clinical Molecular Geneticist with experience in germline and oncology genomic clinical testing. The position requires experience with interpreting and reporting data from next generation sequencing based tests. Top candidates will also have strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex genetic testing results to a broad audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in variant interpretation and reporting
- Advise on development of variant classification systems and guidelines for reporting
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate genetic sequencing results into clinically actionable insights for our clients
- Contribute to building and curating the Tempus knowledge databases
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects
- PhD in genetics or related field with board certification or board eligibility through the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics in Clinical Molecular Genetics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Experience with reporting guidelines for both somatic and germline genetic testing
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment