Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack microservice architecture allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have a few years of experience working on software development teams and can help lead in technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation and tests, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy learning from and collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring junior team members
Bonus points for:
- Experience collecting requirements for projects that link data science or engineering teams and designing solutions that satisfy all parties involved
- Experience with Airflow, AWS, CI/CD pipelines, or Data Science pipelines
- Experience with popular Python packages such as boto, sqlalchemy, pandas, or sklearn
- Excitement about greenfield software development environments
- Experience with the design and deployment of scalable REST API's, databases, distributed computing, and data pipelines within existing engineering ecosystems
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.