Are you passionate about making a difference in the well-being of fellow humans?
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and NodeJS on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got a few years of experience managing software development teams, and can lead technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development
- You get full stack frameworks (react/angularjs, NodeJS/Flask, Sequelize, DJANGO, MySql/Postgres)
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation and tests, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy learning from and collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring junior team members
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AWS, Docker
- Experience in biotech, genomics, clinical research and precision medicine
Responsibilities for the position:
Works with Product Manager to build quarterly resourcing plans, systems design, and product increment planning
Leverages the engineering career progression framework to develop people for a small cross-functional team of 1-5 people. Actively manages the performance of team seeking support from supervisor on occasion.
Works with engineering on your team to produce design artifacts that describe software architectures involving multiple technologies.
Provides team structure (norms) to achieve a well designed system and clean code
Actively drives team improvement through retrospective action items
If applicable, works with Product Manager to plan across multiple scrum teams, and presenting solutions to optimize for effort across the end-to-end Tempus ecosystem
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.