Passionate about precision medicine and making a difference in the world of cancer?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. By combining genomic data with electronic medical record data, we now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of all this data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is combined with traditional medical record data and used in clinical settings to support treatment decision making. We are looking for an experienced Clinical Informatics Integration Manager who will work with our cross functional product, research and business development teams and our current hospital and industry partners to ensure a seamless integration between Tempus and their clinical systems. You’ll work closely with customer’s hospital EMR, EDW, and oncology data management teams to understand their workflows and goals in order to implement our cutting edge products and start making an impact very quickly for their cancer patients.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of the Clinical Informatics and Integration team to execute and integrate data flows between the Tempus software system and the customer’s current hospital IT systems and workflows
- Project Implementation:
- Meet with hospital CIOs, CRIO, CMIOs, VPs, and Directors to develop the implementation project scope, timeline, objectives, and create a shared vision for the project execution
- Work directly with hospital technical teams to execute flawlessly the integration project scope
- Help create the internal and external playbook for implementing and supporting the Tempus product integration layer in a scalable and consistent manner using national interoperability standards that are compatible with customer environments; i.e., FHIR Genomic standard, JSON/ XML, REST API end-points, Amazon S3 buckets, etc.
- Assist with validation and troubleshooting of physical data delivery mechanisms, but more importantly assist with validation and remediation of data payload content both from a structure and a semantic level
- Integration Operations Support:
- Develop and monitor day-to-day “lights on” operations of the Tempus integration layer
- Partner with DevOps and Engineering teams to continuously optimize and improve the performance, scalability, and fault-tolerance of the integration layer
- Product Development and Sales Support:
- Be a part of the ideation phase for new products, projects and service offerings as a liaison from customer feedback, while also looking to identify product nuanced features, suggestions and enhancements that our product development team can then consider and accommodate for future releases
- Assist with development of new product prototypes and working models to support customer’s future needs to continuously create a deeper partnership offering between Tempus and customers in support of their Precision Medicine programs
- Support the sales team on pre-sell & up-sell opportunities, customer collaboration partnerships, research projects, etc.
- Travel is expected (as-needed) in order to support sales team customer meetings & meet with partner institutions to support the flawless and efficient execution of implementing clinical data integration projects. If applicant located outside of Chicago, periodic trips to Tempus HQ to connect with product, design, and research teams will be expected.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an analytical or healthcare related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Strong Epic or Cerner EMR (electronic medical record) expertise (certifications preferred). Broad working knowledge of several different EMRs also preferred
- EMR integration expertise - experience building systems and processes to connect various modules within an EMR system (experience with FHIR, XML/JSON, etc. preferred)
- Experience with data sources related to clinical data: enterprise data warehouses, disease registry databases (e.g., Tumor Registries, Cogito, Clarity, Caboodle, etc.)
- Informatics data experience - experience developing solutions and implementing clinical information in databases (e.g., OMOP, i2b2, etc. preferred).
- Expertise in working with common health care data semantic/ vocabulary representation (e.g., ICD-9/10, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm, ICD-O, etc.)
- Experience integrating with radiology PACS/ VNA systems preferred
- Experience with integration of Clinical Document Management systems (e.g., Hyland OnBase, etc.) preferred
- Experience working with genomic data and genomic data terminology preferred (e.g., HUGO, COSMIC standards, VCF/BAM files, etc.)
- Ability to lead large scale implementations in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with demonstrable ability to navigate projects through health system’s project approval and prioritization processes
- Demonstrate ability to establish strong client-trust and maintaining consistent and strong relationships with customers and vendor partners
- Ability to help grow the team and work to further define the standard for the roles necessary for the team to execute flawlessly
- Experience managing a team is preferred
- 10 year’s experience preferre