Are you passionate about making a difference in the well-being of fellow humans?
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and NodeJS on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure
- You have built and deployed containerized applications and services
- You enjoy automating manual tasks
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Docker, Linux, Terraform, and AWS
- Proficiency with Bash and a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with Amazon SageMaker
- Experience with networking equipment (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.) and VPNs
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
- An interest in working in biotech, genomics, and precision medicine
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Works as an embedded member of an engineering team
- Reviews application requirements and recommends solutions and common design patterns
- Automates builds for artifacts of Node.js and Python services and Lambda functions
- Configures and deploys cloud infrastructure using Terraform and Jenkins
- Implements dashboards, monitoring, and alerting for team services
- Troubleshoots infrastructure issues and deployment errors
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status