Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
We’re looking for a DFM Manager to help us oversee the DFM team.
- Lead the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) process with customers to identify a final design and specifications that will deliver value to them.
- Manage the customer experience and communication from DFM through all builds to mass production.
- Bridge the gap between product and production to convey product requests, and production requirements/capabilities.
- Track and drive to completion program deadlines, and dependencies.
- Keep track of all production, product development requests, and statuses.
- Plan and schedule resources.
- Highlight development/operation risks, identify solutions, and drive issues to closure.
- Lead the day to day operations of the group, including establishing a governance model to drive effective and efficient “decision making” along with empowerment including appropriate policies and procedures for the area.
- Drive decision, facilitate discussion to define, design all elements of new business models, practices, policies, and processes with implication to DFX.
- Holistically connect and drive the process transformation to achieve a higher level of simplification and standardization needed for success, including enhancement or retirement of systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place.
- Work across the company including with teams responsible for requirements, solution architecture, quality assurance and production support.
- Maintain and apply comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes and best practices to drive activities in the DFX team.
- Drive technical, cultural and operational transformation and delivery of mission critical business programs.
- Negotiate and structure contracts favorable to the organization.
- Be able to attract, motivate, retain and hire top talent in the team.
- Develop and implement mentoring, training, coaching, performance feedback, regular evaluation of the team members.
- 5+ Years of experience with PCB Manufacturing from an Engineering support function.
- Minimum one year of Valor NPI software experience.
- You will analyze defects in flexible printed circuits and maintain leadership of improvement activities.
- Familiar with industry standards i.e. IPC-610, J-STD-001, IPC-2222, IPC-2223, etc.
- Experience leading a team of Engineers by example; provide training and the tools to be successful.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.