Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to be a champion of our efforts to build a world-class quality program and support our efforts throughout the company. In this role, you will work inter-departmentally to evaluate quality issues, present root cause analyses, and help others to understand Tempo’s approach to quality. This is a visible role that will involve internal interactions with the different departments and customer interaction as required.
- Develop Incoming inspection processes and document incoming inspection activities.
- Coordinate and manage receiving inspection personnel.
- Ensure Incoming Inspectors comply with procedures for inspection, tool calibration, storage of records, and Material System transactions.
- Ensure control plans are modified when Non-Conformance Material is detected at incoming and on the production line.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective actions, drive long-term preventative actions.
- Provide in-process QA support to include inspection and document review.
- Track non-conformance material and lead the review Board (MRB).
- Interface and take lead QA role in interactions with suppliers.
- Be part of the internal Audit team.
- Create receiving inspection metrics including supplier scorecard.
- Participate in root-cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions.
- Communicate with Suppliers to obtain pertinent information as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years professional engineering experience, with at least 3 years in SMT-PCBA industry.
- Extensive knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001 and J-STD-033 requirements.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools - e.g. caliper, go/no-go gauge, etc.
- Familiar software office applications.
- Basic electronics: capacitor, resistor, diode, IC, test (continuity, resistance, capacitance, inductance).
- Experience conducting QMS audits including Supplier Quality.
- Experience with PFMEA, MRB, CAPA.
- Zero Defect mindset and process development experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Nice to Have:
- Lead auditor certification for ISO-13485, AS9100.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of DFM for PCB fabrication and DFA for assembly.
- ASQ certification as CQE or equivalent.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.