Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a Quoting Specialist to join our Quoting Team, which is responsible for producing accurate and timely quotes while collaborating with other customer-facing teams, focused on the successful execution of the RFQ process. You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and with some of the most innovative brands across aerospace & defense, medical devices, automotive, consumer electronics and industrial sector. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Support sales process by ensuring outgoing quotes are fast, accurate, and competitive.
- Understand customer’s needs, ask clarifying questions, determine pricing and lead time implications.
- Consult with other team members when required for successful execution of the RFQ Quoting process.
- Communicate cross-departmentally to complete assigned quoting projects, providing appropriate information to stakeholder queries.
- Provide support to team members and other departments in need.
- At least 2 years of experience in an operations, customer support, or administrative role.
- Quick learner with an uncanny ability to adapt to changing company & client needs.
- Sense of urgency with a focus on excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly organized, self-motivated, and able to multitask.
- Hands-on experience working with modern tools and applications eg: Salesforce, Zendesk,Trello, Slack, MS Excel, etc.
- Experience with pricing and/or sourcing with detailed specifications.
- Previous experience in PCB manufacturing would be a huge plus.
- Time to Quote
- Quote Win Rate
- Weekly Quoting Bandwidth
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.