Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated, data driven manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
We’re seeking a procurement specialist to assist our order management group in managing the materials purchasing process and negotiating with suppliers.
- Daily procurement of materials and services required customer builds, and be the first escalation point for the management of incoming orders.
- Ensure completeness of all material specifications and SOWs, and act as point of contact to project stakeholders for discrepancy resolution and ensure traceability on changes.
- Ensure complete and accurate flow-down of specifications on all POs to suppliers across all commodities and provide a list of shortages.
- Negotiate pricing on an order-by-order basis.
- Track and ensure on time delivery of inbound materials, and provide regular updates to Planning and Project Coordinators.
- Develop best practices and ensure they are applied to all daily procurement activities.
- Prepare spend and pricing reports for management.
- Analyze supplier performance and present supplier scorecard to management and propose action based on results.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends and best business practices.
- B.S. and at least 2 years of experience in an operations and manufacturing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to succinctly summarize information and providing the detail necessary to take tasks through to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be willing to regularly engage in-person and over the phone with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to work across multiple software platforms
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
What We Offer:
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday's to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.