Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive, and other key industries.
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager to join our Business Ops team. In this role, reporting to the Sr. Director of Operations, you will oversee the Order Management, Supply Chain and Change Management teams and be responsible for contributing to delivering a best-in-class customer experience at Tempo.
- Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the supply chain, order management and planning teams.
- Drive all relevant KPIs in order to optimize delivery performance and profitability.
- Establish partnerships across the organization to drive a culture of continuous improvement through best practice sharing and visible hands-on leadership.
- Communicate critical deadlines and establish processes with cross functional partners, including Sales, Production, Fulfillment and Inventory Management.
- Oversee compliance to documented processes and procedures and develop new ones as necessary.
- Analyze data, develop and review dashboards, and drive improvement projects.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and management of Order Management team, and develop and maintain continuing education for the team in both processes and systems.
- Functional Responsibilities:
- Manage all inbound purchase orders including Advanced Purchase Orders, Consignment Orders and Purchase Orders etc.
- Responsible for key performance indicators (KPIs) for purchase order accuracy, velocity, purchase order fill rate and compliance.
- Partner with stakeholders and suppliers to achieve company targets including order-to-delivery timeframes and material quality.
- Drive cost savings and rationalize supply channels by consolidating vendor portfolios and managing suppliers, MOQ, ROP, safety stock, delivery terms and MSA’s when appropriate.
- Build and develop vendor performance programs, including vendor onboarding and scorecard.
- Own the ECO and scheduling processes to achieve the company’s goals and maximize profitability and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or a related field (equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered).
- 3+ years’ management experience, preferably within a Supply Chain organization.
- Knowledge of key performance metrics and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet or exceed deadlines and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced service-oriented environment
- Exceptional planning and organization skills with strong attention to detail and follow through
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize complex data, draw conclusions and present effectively orally and in writing
- A genuine concern for people, their career growth and professional learning goals
- Proactive and motivational attitude that sets the tone for a healthy and energetic work environment
- APICS CPIM, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar certification a plus.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.