Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated, data driven manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
As a Software Development Engineer In Test at Tempo, you will be responsible for verifying software components, services, applications, and systems that will drive Tempo’s next-generation, software-based, automation platform for PCBA manufacturing projects. Reporting to the Software Test Engineering Manager, you will develop test plans, test specifications, and automated tests to verify compliance to requirements, verify the functional integrity of applications and services, their integration, and overall system behavior.
- Work with the Product team to understand the system requirements.
- Interface with diverse engineering teams and functions to understand how those requirements are to be delivered in our systems.
- Define test strategies and devise test plans to be executed either locally or by offshore teams.
- Participate in the deployment activities of microservices and application, for the purpose of testing.
- Implement automated tests for feature, integration and system testing.
- Integrate automated test execution with existing CI/CD pipelines.
- Participate in Scrum events.
- Promote software quality practices throughout the organization.
- Strive at continuously improving those practices through creation/introduction of conventions and tools.
- BSc. in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- +5 Years in automated software testing or software development.
- +3 Years of experience in Python.
- +2 Years of experience working in cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Experience with pytest and many of its plugins.
- Experience with web services and microservices.
- Experience with Terraform and Terraform Cloud.
- Experience with web testing frameworks such selenium or cypress.
- High standards with regards to code quality and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.