Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join our Supply Chain team. The Supply Chain Specialist will be the face of our relationship with our most valued suppliers and will identify, onboard and provide key insights into supplier performance.
- Select and develop suppliers and perform regular supplier performance reviews.
- Negotiate terms and pricing with suppliers.
- Source goods and services required for timely order fulfillment.
- Spec and issue RFQs and SOWs for all materials.
- Evaluate and select suppliers for specific quotes and orders.
- Review supplier quotes for adherence to specifications and terms.
- Ensure materials are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
- Strategically source and present potential new suppliers, including performing due diligence, analyzing technical capabilities, performing FMEAs, and setting up MSAs for management approval.
- Develop cost models/matrices for various commodities.
- Analyze supplier performance and present supplier scorecard to management.
- Participate/lead business reviews with suppliers and assist in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate closing open issues such as SCAR’s, Supplier Actions, Supplier Surveys, etc.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including DFM, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations, Finance, and Sales.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends and best business practices.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in a supply chain or manufacturing role.
- PCB, BOM and component sourcing experience.
- Experience managing suppliers.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in procurement and negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist
- with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.