Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We’re looking for a DFM Systems Engineer to join our team in a service-oriented and customer-facing role that supports the Sales organization. You’ll work with customer requests for ECAD design feedback, PCB stack-up creation, and design for assembly checks. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Work with customers to develop custom PCB stack-ups.
- Perform DFMA reviews of customer designs for resolving PCB manufacturability and assembly issues.
- Provide guidance on customer designs for improving cost, yield, and lead-time metrics.
- Understanding of design flaws that may affect the assembly process.
- Never miss our fabricators cut-off and ensure orders are processed as soon as they are placed.
- Assist and support the operations team with DFM validation requests.
- Engage with customers when necessary via email, video or voice calls.
- Collaborate with colleagues to come up with departmental process improvements.
- Communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Assist colleagues with orders when they reach out.
- Conduct training workshops on design best practices for prospects and customers.
- Author white papers and blogs promoting industry best practice.
- BSEE/BSME or higher degree with at least 7-10 years of electronics manufacturing experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Valor PCB manufacturing tool and Polar controlled impedance calculator.
- Ability to panelize ECAD designs in Valor.
- Strong working knowledge of industry-leading ECAD software like Cadence Allegro, Altium Designer, Mentor Xpedition, Mentor PADS, etc.
- Firm grasp of PCB fabrication materials, manufacturing methods, cost drivers, yields, and lamination cycles.
- Strong knowledge of interconnect and electronic assembly applications and technologies including soldering, press-fit, and rework with knowledge of IPC-A-610.
- Understanding of complex failure mechanisms in PCBA process and or PCB fabrication and knowledge of standard failure analysis techniques (SEM, EDX, X-section, Dye and Pry, CSAM).
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.