Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart
of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We
make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and
beyond to bring new innovations to market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a Process Preparation Lead to join our Operations team. You will work cross-functionally with
production, supply chain, quoting, and other groups to support delivery, quality, and develop solutions to complex
manufacturing challenges. You’ll use your technical knowledge to address any concerns or questions our
production team has regarding orders so they can fulfill the work to our standards, acting as a lead technical
project manager to address any complex in-process questions production may raise and mitigate major order
level risks that pose a threat to meeting our deliverables.
- Review customer provided and internally generated documentation and files to determine the process
requirements for each order prior to releasing it to production.
- Identify gaps in documentation or files which would cause production delays or incorrect processing
and solving them with internal stakeholders before releasing to the factory.
- Create the work instructions, process routings, and requirements definitions for consumption by the
- Coordinate with the Planning team to generate assembly documentations and schedule orders.
- Answer technical questions that production may have around how best to meet customer requirements.
- Support the configuration, deployment and ongoing maintenance of our MES system with the goal of
maximizing efficiency, accuracy and utility.
- Support the creation of standards and other guidelines to streamline existing process flows
- Participate in the creation SOPs, Work Instructions and other training documents as necessary to
develop and deploy training programs such as onboarding and refresher training and develop proficiency
and improve the competency and capability of our team members.
- Achieve KPIs, goals and objectives set by management
- Support strategic initiatives to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide assistance with investigations related to Pre-Production (discrepancies, deviations, and
complaints) as well as CAPA identification and closure (as assigned).
- 2+ years experience in process preparation within the EMS or related industries.
- 1+ years experience in pre-production tools such as Valor NPI, FactoryLogix, CalcuQuote, or similar.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- You are a results-oriented self-starter, able to manage time efficiently and complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
What We Offer:
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday's to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.