Tempo Automation is a world-class contract electronics manufacturer that utilizes a software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco focused on merging data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We’re seeking a Technical Program Manager who will support our most strategic clients in ensuring the success of their New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives. This is a high visibility role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Support Tempo’s strategic clients as the point-of-contact, understanding and managing program and project requirements, technical product specifications, overall expectations, & success criteria within Tempo’s capabilities.
- Generate planning documents including timelines, identifying dependencies, gating items, and critical path.
- Identify risks and work cross-functionally to create mitigation strategies.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate process improvements that increase performance.
- Act as a liaison between the client and the company and build strong client relationships.
- Analyze and track client demand to generate clear requirements and distribute those requirements internally.
- Continually evaluate programs’ business success through project cost, budgets, and profitability.
- Communicate with clients on project status, requirements, and deliverables effectively and authoritatively.
Requirements to be Successful:
- 2+ years of related experience, which would include:
- Experience in program management within the electronics, electro-mechanical or other build to print industry.
- Domain knowledge in program management for hardware manufacturing.
- Must have experience with NPD, NPI, pilot, low volume and high complexity manufacturing.
- Experience in managing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, staying on target, reaching defined goals.
- Results-driven team player and creative thinker that is able to coordinate cross-functionally.
- Experience working with data, understanding the analysis required for decision making & reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of engineering design product life cycles.
- Experience with software tools, such as MS Project, MS Excel, Smartsheet, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.