What if electronics manufacturing moved as fast as software development? At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative and passionate people to join our team!
What does Tempo Automation do?
Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive, and other key industries.
About the Role:
Tempo Automation is looking for a Planner to join our Business Operations team, which will report to the Manager, Order Fulfillment. In this role, you’ll be using your manufacturing planning and project management background to manage the delivery of orders to the production floor, provide production status visibility to our order management team, and mitigate major order level risks that pose a threat to meeting our deliverables.
The Role’s Focus:
- Order Review: Systematically review each order to define the process steps and ensure we can meet the requirements within the stated lead time. Update our production tools to reflect the necessary processes and inspection criteria. Promptly communicate any changes to the delivery schedule.
- Requirements Review: Analyze orders with respect to material requirements that may not have been considered during the pre-order stages. Communicate with teams inside Tempo and ensure deliverables arrive on-time.
- Project Management: Mitigate risks and coordinate with stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery to customer requirements.
- Planning & Scheduling: help define, plan and manage daily production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Production Issue Resolution: Answer technical questions that production may have around how best to meet customer requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities listed above.
You Must Have:
- 2+ years of operations, planning and/or project management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- You are results-oriented
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
Nice to have:
- Technical aptitude for complex concepts
- Direct PCBA industry experience
- Previous startup or small company experience
What We Offer:
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday's to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.