Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive, and other key industries.
We’re looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join the Tempo team. In this role, reporting to the Director, Supply Chain and Quoting Operations, you will oversee the Supply Chain team and be responsible for contributing to delivering a best-in-class customer experience at Tempo.
You Will Own and Manage the Following:
- Strategic Sourcing: Vendor selection and relationship management, market intelligence on potential suppliers, monitoring vendor deliverables and schedules. Includes the management of any custom materials development with our suppliers and/or manufacturing partners.
- Supplier Management: Demand forecasting, supply assurance and capacity planning, supplier improvement strategies and work solutions to resolve issues with a positive result for Tempo. Collaborate with Quality to resolve quality and performance issues, utilizing SCARs for compliance and documentation.
- Cost Management: Negotiate pricing, cost reductions, RFQs, benchmarking and cost modeling. Drive cost savings through supplier selection, negotiated price, and delivery terms with key suppliers, including MSA’s when appropriate.
- Risk Management: Analyze technical and business risks and develop strategy for mitigation in a dynamic industry. Identify vulnerabilities and expansion opportunities in our supplier base, and develop strategies to address them.
- Act as liaison between the Supply Chain team, quoting, sales and internal stakeholders including the order fulfillment team to provide updates on supply status including highlighting potential risks and proposed solutions and mitigating steps.
- Be accountable for audits and submit reports to senior management regarding materials control activities.
- Manage an internal and external team, including coaching and mentoring .
- Analyze collected data from RFQs, active suppliers, and supplier performance to determine patterns of success or failure.
- Develop pricing tools that result in reduced custom quoting and decreased time to quote customer RFQs.
- Actively analyze market information, or input from appropriate team members to perform market price analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or a related field (equivalent work experience and certifications will be considered).
- 5+ years’ Supply Chain Management experience; 3+ years in semiconductor industry preferred.
- Knowledge of key performance metrics and financial reporting.
- APICS CPIM, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar certifications a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.