We believe unimaginable breakthroughs for human progress are possible when we can explore ideas by cycling rapidly between conception and realization. Whether we’re settling the frontiers of outer space, mapping genes for longer lives, shifting the world to clean energy or prototyping the electronics that make it all possible, the drive toward innovation is an inherent part of our human nature.
That’s why Tempo is here - to take that drive to entirely new levels. By building a more intelligent and intuitive manufacturing system designed to meet the demands of innovation, we’re bringing speed, precision, and transparency where they’ve never been before.
What does Tempo Automation do?
At Tempo Automation, we're modernizing the way electronics are manufactured and we are looking for the most talented, creative, and passionate people to join our team! We are building sophisticated software and a robotic factory for rapid electronics prototyping. We enable engineers to manufacture their designs at the click of a button in as fast as 3 days (instead of weeks to months), allowing them to rapidly test and iterate on their designs.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a Jr. Test Engineer to join our manufacturing team. In this role, reporting to the Sr. Director of Manufacturing, you will be responsible for final test of loaded printed circuit boards, including fixture setup, test, troubleshooting, rework and fixture breakdown.
We’re looking for someone that has…
- 3+ years’ experience, in EMS or NPI business preferred. Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Must be be able to remove and replace both surface mount and through hole components
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
Some of the things you’ll work on include:
- Participate in Engineering Meetings to understand DFT (Design for Test analysis) and test coverage
- Test individual and multiple circuit boards using product specific test procedures and equipment
- Using the test results along with schematics, drawings, and product specifications, locate and repair the circuit malfunction.
- Enter and track yield/troubleshoot data for all tested products and participate in failure analysis. Utilize and enter data into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for tested and debugged assemblies.
- Interface with cross-functional groups (materials, manufacturing, process engineering)
- Develop and improve test procedures/processes with process engineering, as required.
- Maintain the condition of the tools, instruments and measuring instruments used in the course of work in good condition. Maintain and perform preventive maintenance programs for equipment as necessary.
- Minimize the number of units waiting to be repaired by working quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to the rules of occupational safety and health and take an active role in promoting an attitude that always takes safety into account.
- Comply with all in-house training as identified in job specific family and or specific training plan.
- Adhere to all ESD requirements and Board Handling specifications. Support all corporate and site 6S objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, and to discuss the broader vision.