Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo’s breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product’s life cycle – prototype through new product introduction – when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
Tempo Automation is seeking a Program Manager to accelerate and de-risk delivery of our next generation automation platform.
As Program Manager your main objective is to collaborate with product management and product engineering to drive our next-generation software-based automation program by coordinating that program’s needs across the departments. While the product management team represents the customer needs and requirements (the “why”), and the product engineering team provides the technical implementation (the “what”), the program manager focuses on the processes and procedures across the engaged teams (the “who / how / when”).
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Program Manager will have an organization-wide view of Tempo’s strategic initiatives, and will focus on aligning our next-gen program’s content and timing with corporate goals.
Output of the team will be your responsibility, as achieved through excellent communication and collaboration with other team members. You are a relationship builder that through transparency and accountability builds trust. You state clearly, listen deeply, and through inclusion seek the skills and input of others to strengthen the plan. You are tough on problems and honest with people, encouraging team members and keeping the long-term in mind with the customer visible in all decisions.
- Lead several concurrent projects supporting major program initiatives.
- Understand the goals of the program and communicate them within the team and to external stakeholders.
- Identify team members and external stakeholders relevant to the projects.
- Create processes, including master schedules to guide the program and sprint reviews to align the projects.
- Schedule and conduct coordination meetings between team leads for the teams involved in the program.
- Establish procedures for collecting and organizing the program’s artifacts (i.e. requirements documentation, meeting recordings).
- Ensure consistency of procedures across the teams engaged in the program, further defining process and work items as required.
- Coordinate with other programs (i.e. prioritize disruptions to the program).
- Drive the program toward its goals, through team managers and individual contributors.
- Analyze program risks dynamically and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Manage any program pre-releases and rollout to internal and external customers.
- Make the communication with the program team easy and status transparent to all stakeholders throughout its life cycle.
- A passion for bringing clarity to complexity.
- Software development proficiency consistent with a Senior Software Developer.
- People leader proficiency consistent with an experienced Team Lead.
- Experience working with teams across multiple geographies.
- Product Management training or work experience is a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills: written and verbal communication, stakeholder management.
- Ability to work cross functionally with both business and development teams.
- Proven experience in balancing multiple input streams to assist driving decision-making and prioritization activities.
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.